Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Art" Photography and the Feminine Image

I did a simple Google image search using the key words 'art photography women'. I was shocked at all the sexually suggestive ways in which women were portrayed when paired with the word 'art'. I don't know what I expected.



The contrast and similarities between these two images is what struck me. The first so sensual and fetishistic, the second so bold and yet (uncharacteristically) feminine.



On the other hand, just compelling black and white images of beautiful women in different circumstances. The images provoke the question, are these women to be admired? Envied? Are they immodest, brave, feminine, or otherwise?

1 comment:

  1. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Sensual Photography

    ReplyDelete